after some extensive background updates and more bling bling to make everything a little bit cuter, we would like to know, what content you are looking for.
As for me, I was looking for an active community that could help me with the basics in the beginning, but could also provide profound deeper inside knowledge.
Especially the last fact was missing from other communities imho.
But why am I asking all that?
Its pretty obvious, that we can't compete with giants like reddit or Facebook. And that shouldnt be the goal in the first place. So we need to find a purpose/niche that would fit nicely for a forum.
- Line is doing the chat thing better
- Facebook is doing the social thing better
- reddit is doing the "I have a quick question better"
But all those mentioned dont or even cant offer a reliable and nice system to navigate gaming help resources.
Another important aspect is that the MD target audience is mostly consisting of very casual players who usually dont like to even post. That most of the users are on mobiles, doesnt make it any easier.
What are our shortcomings imho
What I would like to see
a wiki, that nobody uses
learning curve in the beginning
- half assed chat system
- there are no multiple channels
- the PM system is extremely user unfriendly
- no easy way of posting anything like pics or vids
- on the plus side: it propagates new postings, thats what all other chat clients are missing
independent search and all, which most users didnt understand
yet another page
a not so clear where to post what system
easy to post deck ideas and discussion (those archetype threads take too much time make)
some kind of trading system
- a seamless integration of the wiki, the cards (threads) and everything else
- a single life search for all those functions (myBB forum software still doesnt offer that)
- an up to date chat system
- everything nicely usable on mobiles -> either a well done responsive web desing or a wrapper app like Tapatalk
- that card list with
- 2 ratings (PvP and PvE), filterable and sortable
- price development
a nice graphical deck template that we can use in chat, the wiki and the forum like its being used for MtG forums for example (MTG Salvation iirc?)
more casul and fun stuff like @DyingKestrel is providing atm
So what are your thoughts, ideas and wishes?
- Why did you come here in the first place?
- What were you looking for?
- Did you find all the answers?
- What was good, what was bad?
- What would you like to see in the future?