• Welcome to Mabinogi Duel Forum!
  • Check out our Wiki for even more game infos!
  • Check here for the status of our current projects
Hello There, Guest! Facebook Login Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.13 Average
[PvE] GUIDE: How to get 10/15 wins consistently in Rookie/Veteran Arena
In the world of PvG (Player vs Ghost,) there are many ways to deliver a masterful, pristine 10/15 win streak with ease, be it through the creation of your own exceptional wits, or you simply ripped off a deck from last season's top 10s. Yet, it goes without saying that some particular knowledge is needed when dueling these AI ghosts. If you are completely clueless and are somehow still struggling against a mindless computer player, then you've come to the right place!

Before we begin the detailed explanation on gameplay, we must go through the basic dynamics of the PvG arena. There are two stable arenas in Mabinogi Duel: the Rookie Arena, which can be accessed by default, and the Veteran's Arena, which can be unlocked via the Arena Ticket, obtainable in all arenas as a participation prize.
Prizes you receive are determined by your placing. Both arenas rewards the player with Gems, Gold, Booster Packs on current and prelease sets, and coupons to redeem card packs from the shop. The Rookie Arena rewards the player with the Plus booster coupons, and the Veteran Arena rewards the player with G1 and G2 Mutant booster coupons, so if time is an investment for you, participate in the arena that suits your needs.

The arena uses a point system to calculate your placing among other participants. The system also employs a win-streak practice, increasing the points obtained by the player with each consecutive win. The disparity in points between the gold players and platinum players is extremely wide, so in order to place in platinum rank (where you receive substantial rewards,) you MUST obtain a perfect win streak, at least on your first day in the arena. It is advised to do so for the following days to preserve your rank. However, obtaining a 10/15 win streak does not come without its challenges. With each consecutive win, your health will be reduced by 1 HP from your standard 25 HP, and as you climb up the ranks, you are more likely to face off against other players' ghosts with perfect win streaks. Fighting a level 15 ghost with resource advantage while you only have 11 health can be extremely tough! Now, onto the less boring part.

The Ghost, aka the computer player, aka the AI

Building Your Deck

Highly Recommended Cards:

Full List of Recommended Cards to Include in your Deck (Sorted by Color):

Trap In The Castle: Why This Card Is So Frickin' Good

Gameplay Time: The Heroes!

Defeating the Ghost: Popular Decks in the Current Meta

Here is the deck that I use to climb Arenas. It works fairly well against all match ups. Scathach and Arisha are interchangeable and is up to the user's preference.

Good Luck on Your Arena Runs!

Great guide to the ghost arenas! These are the same strategies I use all the time.

I've seen some lv 10 nao decks (non-gate of hell) in the arena, can those be countered easily in any way?

pretty nice, good job!

You didn't mention drag to hell. That is a key card for getting those high streaks since it counters large monsters extremely well. You should also mention that trap in castle has its gold mutant which allows for more types of combinations. I currently use a couple of fun strategies with gold trap, one uses summoning commission to basically guarantee gold trap on turn 2 if the play a large monster, the other uses both gold and light trap so that either resource will allow me to trap early on, then uses cards like Partel, Perry or Phamtom of the Hound to take advantage of the board full of creatures. Another great card, specially for your ghost, is dragon hunter Scott.

(01-04-2016, 08:28 AM)Gabo Wrote: You didn't mention drag to hell. That is a key card for getting those high streaks since it counters large monsters extremely well. You should also mention that trap in castle has its gold mutant which allows for more types of combinations. I currently use a couple of fun strategies with gold trap, one uses summoning commission to basically guarantee gold trap on turn 2 if the play a large monster, the other uses both gold and light trap so that either resource will allow me to trap early on, then uses cards like Partel, Perry or Phamtom of the Hound to take advantage of the board full of creatures.  Another great card, specially for your ghost, is dragon hunter Scott.

Yea I did forget drag to hell :/ and regarding gold trap, I didn't include it in my guide because its a mutant, and therefore inaccessible to most players. But buffing up your traps certainly sounds fun. I plan on adding a subsection on building a deck for your ghost, so stay tuned!

@Chronoxiphos
I've yet to encounter a Nao deck in PvG oO can you describe the full deck?

Wow, wow, wow. Great work! Thx 4 that!
Btw. Where can I get a full list of cards as text file or better excel sheet? I could enter every card by myself but if such a list exists I can concentrate on other things Smile

aside from mutants, and the special promo cards, go to here, and you can choose an excel sheet with or without the images - http://mabinogiduelforum.com/showthread.php?tid=1242

i highly recommend powrhouses card viewer, but it requires downloading that and can be found here: http://mabinogiduelforum.com/showthread.php?tid=126

I compile the data for the card search actually, but the data sheet i use for that is really messy looking so im not sharing that for the public just yet.

back from a hiatus, will update the guide with new expansion things
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

(06-26-2016, 05:54 AM)bouncegq Wrote: back from a hiatus, will update the guide with new expansion things

Great to hear, looking forward to it!
I've always wondered, why this thread wasn't stickied...I learned a lot from it - especially the Trap in the Castle shenanigans.

The content is mostly still relevant today. Although the (higher ranked) meta shifted to brute force with Albys, C2 girls, some surprise elements like Misteltein mostly.

I'm planning to finally start filling the Wiki pages with (updated) content. Since their are really a lot of guides around containing certain more or less relevant information to the topic. On reddit there is also new guide for rookie.
Where I'm getting with this is, that I don't like this cluttering around and I don't think many users like to search countles sub forums, threads and stickies to find the answers. They don't find it and just ask in the shoutbox. Then the answers and discussions around that question are mostly lost, since nobody reads the shoutbox archive.
-> The wiki could be used to gather all that info.

What I'm missing in most guides is how to actually win game 8 to 10 vs. a lvl 10 ghost and how to tune your deck for that. All the suggestions for Elf, Eagle, Vampire, Firebolt and so on don't apply there, since they can't get rid of turn 1 Alby, turn 2 Gold Alby, turn 3 Arisha, not to mention Gold Mirror Ghost +1 or Goblin Chieftain +1. The AI just ignores any small stuff you play and level locks the unprepared before they even realize it. So you have to come prepared.

Information about changing your deck after you've played for the ghost A.I. is also pretty relevant. You also mention that. But I don't agree to dumb down your deck, dumb down the AI version of your deck instead. What I mean is, register a dumbed down version of the deck you will play. It has to be balanced since the AI ghost does't have any buffs when you are still at newbie rank. Then before actually playing yourself change some cards, you can play better than AI (Freeze Summon, Cocoon Trap, Cocoon, Doppelganger Trauma etc.). After you successfully won your 10 games, beef up your deck accordingly. The Rookie Top 10 decks give some pretty good examples for that. For Nature and Gold it's mostly Drass, Albys, Gold Albys, Albys +1, Gold Albys +1...well, I think its obvious, what I mean. Even though the AI doesnt play them correclty Shurka/Tarka and Ash/Dust are also surprisingly effective. For Light its Arisha, Scathach or Mage-39-year-old as a budget version. Throw in some removal, which the AI will most certainly play wrong anyway and there you go. Sometime an unanswered turn 1 Gold Mirror Ghost +1 or Chieftain +1 can also end the game at lvl 1 already.

That's both extremely important to actually guarentee platinum like most of the guides promise. I'll happily contribute what I think would be helpful to know about these topics.

As for Veteran, the top 10 decks speak for themselves...you need to be able to beat Farkka and Jurh to get the 15 streaks. So it's much more tricky there.

Anyway...that got longer than I thought...I finally stickied your thread.
It would be great, if we could figure something out for the wiki while still keeping this or an extra thread for discussion.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Rookie] Rookie arena facing a farkka deck finityw 6 612 10-20-2016, 08:16 PM
Last Post: sicut
  [Rookie] Should I make any changes for this normal deck in Rookie Arena finityw 15 1,210 09-15-2016, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Seng Huat
  [Rookie/Veteran] A little help in rookie and a fresh start in veteran... Germagic 4 493 07-13-2016, 12:24 AM
Last Post: Germagic
  [Veteran] Veteran Arena Champ Deck Jinsoku 22 27,352 05-06-2016, 08:14 PM
Last Post: lordkaede
  [Rookie] Discussion on Rookie Arena strategy Gabo 2 2,194 03-28-2016, 05:06 AM
Last Post: Gabo