• Welcome to Mabinogi Duel Forum!
  • New themes...yay!
  • Specifics and feedback here
Hello There, Guest! Login RegisterLogin with Google+ FB

Dismiss this notice
A lot of smaller email providers seem to be blocking our activation mails. We are looking into this.

Known blocking providers: gmx (Germany), web.de (Germany), hostineuro (Germany), netsons (Italy), openmailbox.org (France)

Please use a gmail email address or contact an admin or mod in our chat to ask for a manual acitivation.

Dismiss this notice
Check this thread if you want to know more about getting eternal fame, great wealths and a top notch game experience :-)

New Trading Widget - Suggestion, feedback & discussion thread (Phase: Brainstorming)
Bug 
Haides just built in the new trading widget. It can be found behind the dollar sign (Trading) in the upper quick links menu.

Please give us some feedback, what you think of it, what you like and what you don't like.

Looking for rare/SE/AA/collab cards? -> my sales thread

If you want to support my work, send me some gems and/or leave some feedback Smile

THE WAY IT WORKS:

You post what you are looking for (buy, sell) and you will see that in the list of 'My Trades'

The trade will light up when it matches another person's buy/sell, and you will be able to message said person

The max number of trades you can put up is 6 right now (there is no editing. cancellation is under works)

I'll start with some feedback.

Haides already explained to me, why there is a 2h limit - short attention span...probably connected to the more fast lived shoutbox conversations. That's a perfectly valid point.

But if I want to trade, it's very probable, that nobody is online with the cards I need for the 2h...maybe no one at all is online due to the different time zones. Then my entries would be for nothing.
I don't know what a good time limit would be, but for personally, I think the 2h are too short.

If you want to support my work, send me some gems and/or leave some feedback Smile

How do i delete a posting? Woops lol just re-read

updated to 24 hours to try for now

Ya, I just accidently found that out myself...thx for that.
Could you include a button for eacht trade row to cancel or edit it and adjust the amount for example?

Cancel/Edit
If I sold the commodity ingame, on FB or in my personal shop already, I'd like to cancel/edit the row or adjust the amount of the commodity. Or if I just input something wrong and realized that too late (like with my Mana Magic Sensing Bomb +1 sale...not buy).

EDIT: Just read your initial post, thats its being worked on....forget that I asked Undecided

Duration/Expiration
Would it be possible to have different duration times in the drop down up to maybe 2 weeks or even longer for staples? I just put in 6 things and don't want to repeat this evey day Undecided
Maybe also add a note, when something expired and that I have to put it up again.

Or if the expiration date is only there to keep it clean , because everybody is too lazy to delete their stuff, maybe link the expiration to the log ins of the user. If the user logs in, the expiration date gets pushed back/reset. If he doesnt log in for lets say a week, delete his entries.

Browsing
Would it be possible to add a list with all offers maybe? At least I like to browse through such list to maybe find something, I didnt think of.

[12:31 AM] ☣sicut : pls put that in your post too^^
[12:31 AM] ☣sicut : nicely said
[12:31 AM] applepies : while a blind dark pool protects market impact, it removes the visibility of the liquidity
[12:30 AM] ☣sicut : ya, thats what I mean and thats why I dont get the time limit and the invisibility yet
[12:30 AM] applepies : yea ... markets are only efficient if people believe there is liquidity (traffic)
[12:30 AM] ☣sicut : ok ,sry&np...I just got used to need to poke everyone
[12:29 AM] ☣sicut : but I still see no one coming back to it after trying to set something up...getting no response...done forever

some thoughts:
1) allow the poster to advertise their bid / offer (make visible their post)
2) display a history of successful trades while making the buyer and seller anonymous ( this should be useful data too!)

[Image: avatar_2840.png?dateline=1468338009] [12:36 AM] sicut : pls just post everything...its really refreshing to have some so much new input
[Image: avatar_2840.png?dateline=1468338009] [12:36 AM] sicut : he had the same idea
[Image: avatar_1153.png?dateline=1469429306] [12:36 AM] applepies : lol yea
[Image: avatar_2840.png?dateline=1468338009] [12:35 AM] sicut : so you mean xShammy^^
[Image: avatar_1153.png?dateline=1469429306] [12:35 AM] applepies : oh "real money trades"
[Image: avatar_1153.png?dateline=1469429306] [12:34 AM] applepies : was saying, although I'm not a fan of RMT, if we want traffic to the trading widget, we should offer the option of RMT
[Image: avatar_1153.png?dateline=1469429306] [12:34 AM] applepies : oops am i lagging?

Also, if we are going in this direction (RMT - "real money trades"), we can also have a currency market: Gold / USD.
Basically, this market will display the best bids and offers (highest willingness-to-buy, lowest willingness-to-sell) aggregated by everyone who has indicated they are looking to buy / sell gold.

IMHO, the above feature will address one of the bigger issues now in MD's economy -- many only want to sell their rare cards in USD but not in gold. If we can establish a healthy currency market, and provide liquidity between Gold and USD, this would no longer be such an issue. (More people will be willing to trade in Gold, knowing that they can flip the Gold for USD easily).

Also, the success of the currency market will also drive traffic to our trading widget, as such, promoting the liquidity (and thus, usefulness) of our card market.
my shop! : MKTC 
[ MarKeT Curated for staples... and now useful mutants as well! ]

Some valid points, here are my take:

- I can make things convenient for sales, however I can not officially endorse RMT as it is against the user agreement, if people choose to use whatever platform to perform RMT that is their own choice, I dont have the time to police that

- I can add some visibility into it, however not sure what you mean by advertise their bid

- if/once we get the platform going, there will be a price checking tool added to give either a history or average price, now note we cant actually track the exact transaction value, only what is listed - we dont know if a trade is successful or not, only way we can track is via people giving reps

* Maybe add shop code on profile
* RMT as nice as it sounds i think its a bad idea for the game imo only benefits whales , and for those that are cashing out of the game, dont really want mtgv2 , card price limit will soon be addressed so rare cards can be sold at appropriate gold prices without the hassle of worry and scam. Its also against nexons terms like with most games , are we gonna be protected? Probably not and just be issued with a disclaimor saying we are not responsible if ur account got terminated blah blah , + legal issues will ensue of course if nexon catches on. If somehow becomes a popular thing , Gold prices will inflate in the market not only to those rare cards and lastly bots ( yes , card game bots exists and people are capable of so , stamina wont stop em ) , Gold selling spammers ( dear lord imagine chat being implemented ingame ) and scammers . Inshort not a fan , but its really nexon to blame for Collection cards that are not in packs anymore , but u guys can do whatevs its not like rmt doesnt happen in mabinogi Confused .
* Prices : the sheer amount of people asking for prices in all communities especially for mutants , i got hooked on another tcg called fantasica , there are buttloads of cards over 4000+ Or more i guess there and its really nice that a newbie like me can know the general price right away for the card i want . Maybe in browsing have something like this example : http://fantasitrade.azurewebsites.net/Ac...Fubuki%20M
You have your card image , Prices , Date maybe instead of level the durability coz some people care for 0/0 and your username and shop code incase its fixed price so i can just enter the code and buy it. . Its a lot of work but i think this will help and alliviate some people. + traffic for u guys.
* Maybe have two categories , Mutant and Non mutant. If not have a search bar for cards for mobile users like me so i dont have to scroll down the long list in the drop down menu.
* Auction : just a wishful thinking , dunno but in fantasica its so fun to participate in auctions + but its kinda troubling here in mabinogi since we cant use direct trade to other people not in the vicinity so maybe not possible at all, it may require like having the one auctioning not to have their shops open , no friends then like whoever wins gets to add him then buy it at that price auctioned.

Oh glad u fixed the mobile problem :o at first i thought it was just me coz i was pressing the back button after it said trade posted.
Ill add some more feed back when some inconvience comes up or ideas.

(07-29-2016, 01:49 AM)Haides Wrote: Some valid points, here are my take:

- I can make things convenient for sales, however I can not officially endorse RMT as it is against the user agreement, if people choose to use whatever platform to perform RMT that is their own choice, I dont have the time to police that

- I can add some visibility into it, however not sure what you mean by advertise their bid

- if/once we get the platform going, there will be a price checking tool added to give either a history or average price, now note we cant actually track the exact transaction value, only what is listed - we dont know if a trade is successful or not, only way we can track is via people giving reps

ah sorry .. it's a technical term in market finance:

"Bid" = price one is willing to buy at
"Offer" = price one is willing to sell at

When a "bid" "crosses" an "offer" (bid >= offer), that is when you have a transaction.
(I'm guessing you already have a similar concept in your matching algorithm =D)
my shop! : MKTC 
[ MarKeT Curated for staples... and now useful mutants as well! ]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Arena Viewer (Top 10 decks) feedback thread sicut 5 864 03-28-2017, 09:40 AM
Last Post: sicut
Lightbulb Chat/Shoutbox - Suggestion, feedback & discussion thread InfiniteEvil 16 2,596 01-06-2017, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Khang
  Card database - Suggestion, feedback & discussion thread (Phase: Brainstorming) sicut 0 345 12-04-2016, 02:55 PM
  Pricing Widget - Suggestion, feedback & discussion thread (Phase: Brainstorming) sicut 0 344 11-29-2016, 11:27 AM
Question Forum update 2016/07/28 discussion thread - What's better / what's worse? sicut 28 4,858 08-08-2016, 05:13 AM