• Welcome to Mabinogi Duel Forum!
  • Check out our Wiki for even more game infos!
  • Check here for the status of our current projects
Hello There, Guest! Facebook Login Login Register

Forum update 2016/07/28 discussion thread - What's better / what's worse?
Question 
Here you can give us your opinion about the new look of the forum.

Let me start by saying, that I miss the old "new posts" widget in the left panel of the forum. It was very easy to see the new stuff there instead of searching for it.

The problem is that it's "hidden" in the portal link: http://mabinogiduelforum.com/portal.php
In this page you can see it on the left, as usual. But anyway it would be great to have it also on the main page ^^

If possible it would be great a card database, where you can search a card and read various Strategies/Tips, deck ideas around that card and an up-to-date price from all the community. Maybe it could be compiled only by mods and/or designated users in order to avoid unproper/wrong/already-written comments in that section.

Personally, the site is really bright. It's lots of white on white, which isn't a bad thing necessarily, but it just overall seems too much. Maybe if there is a way to add in some darker grays, that would be a good balance. Plus the old forum was darker, and this is a much different look to it.

Also, was just using the member search feature and it's a bit weird.

When you search for everyone via a filter, it goes with ascending order. So i went to see "most posts" and then i saw only 0 posts, 0 threads. Had to head to the bottom and to the last filter. If it was in descending order, would be much easier.

Q&A is slightly different then general, as general could mean anything involving md, and qna is specifically for people asking questions.

Do you know if we could have a hotbar on the side of the forum for new posts. However not include anything from the trading section? I remember quite well looking for new posts and seeing 4 price checks, or shop advertisement posts. Made it quite difficult to find things to post to.
steamcommunity.com/id/YuriHaZahard

Good points already...I would also like to have a 'night theme', since I can't be on much during day time.

@Haides: Would a card db like Epoli mentioned work? He writes a lot of stuff in the daily missions thread for each card and in that way it could be safed without being redundant. So just linking to the card and the already gathered data would be perfect.
Is there a mysql db in the background for the cards here or is it just the sheet you gave me with a php script? Because then, the existing Cards forum would be the only viable way of doing that, that I can think of.

good feedback, i can work on changing the theme to a bit darker - since it's hurting some ppl's eyes =P

i will be changing the landing page to portal once i've configured it and will try to have separate sections for trading and non-trading latestpost

in terms of card data... hmm will have to think on it. i will be bringing back the card search bar we had before, but better

the tournaments and league system tabs seems to be missing... Unless it's deliberate. Also, a quick reply from the main menu for people's postings could be useful.
On that note, the Multiquote function seems a bit unnecessary, where it could be convenient for cellphone users, but copy and paste stuff to quote is fairly straightforward.
Also, the shoutbox system is not in the main page. (http://mabinogiduelforum.com/portal.php) , and it shows up in the forum index page(http://mabinogiduelforum.com/index.php). and clicking on the shoutbox goes to the old template page? Not to be nit-picky and I know it's all work in progress Tongue

yeah tourny and league is removed for now - till w revamp them. multiquote adds buttons to the bottom of your reply box - try it out

shoutbox moved to portal

full page shoutbox is using a darker theme still

Thanks for all your hard work =)

Amidst the various english MD communities (including reddit, facebook, etc), our forum remains especially relevant because of 2 main features: shoutbox and the daily/draft mutant thread.

If indeed our daily/draft mutant thread is one of the main "value propositions" we offer (and also the main contributor of traffic to this site), in our update to our UI, should we consider promoting it to a place of greater prominence beyond a simple stickied thread in the forum? Perhaps we can dedicate an icon to it in the topbar?
my shop! : MKTC 
[ MarKeT Curated for staples... and now useful mutants as well! ]

(07-28-2016, 11:48 PM)applepies Wrote: Thanks for all your hard work =)

Amidst the various english MD communities (including reddit, facebook, etc), our forum remains especially relevant because of 2 main features: shoutbox and the daily/draft mutant thread.

If indeed our daily/draft mutant thread is one of the main "value propositions" we offer  (and also the main contributor of traffic to this site), in our update to our UI, should we consider promoting it to a place of greater prominence beyond a simple stickied thread in the forum? Perhaps we can dedicate an icon to it in the topbar?

once ppl stop getting side tracked i'll put in the widget that displays the latest info from thread =P

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The BIG Forum update thread (status, links, overview) - updated 2017/01/06 sicut 1 356 8 hours ago
Last Post: Blanks
Lightbulb Chat/Shoutbox - Suggestion, feedback & discussion thread InfiniteEvil 16 762 01-06-2017, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Khang Beo
  Card database - Suggestion, feedback & discussion thread (Phase: Brainstorming) sicut 0 101 12-04-2016, 02:55 PM
Last Post: sicut
Bug New Trading Widget - Suggestion, feedback & discussion thread (Phase: Brainstorming) sicut 31 2,449 11-29-2016, 01:11 PM
  Pricing Widget - Suggestion, feedback & discussion thread (Phase: Brainstorming) sicut 0 110 11-29-2016, 11:27 AM