• Welcome to Mabinogi Duel Forum!
  • Check out our Wiki for even more game infos!
  • Check here for the status of our current projects
Hello There, Guest! Facebook Login Login Register

Daily mutant widget
Ok, since this seems to get some traction, we have a separate thread for it now.

That's the task:

Quote:[Image: avatar_2.jpg?dateline=1440800866] [23:34] Haides : look forward to it
[Image: avatar_2.jpg?dateline=1440800866] [23:34] Haides : ;]
[Image: avatar_2840.png?dateline=1468338009] [23:34] sicut : ok, we can do that
[Image: avatar_2840.png?dateline=1468338009] [23:33] sicut : I think Epolis idea is pretty good in picking out wrongly posted mutants
[Image: avatar_2.jpg?dateline=1440800866] [23:33] Haides : where do we place it on the forum
[Image: avatar_2.jpg?dateline=1440800866] [23:33] Haides : how/where/who can input
[Image: avatar_2.jpg?dateline=1440800866] [23:33] Haides : yeah, draw up how you think it should look like
[Image: avatar_2840.png?dateline=1468338009] [23:33] sicut : could I/we help in any way?
[Image: avatar_2.jpg?dateline=1440800866] [23:32] Haides : i just need to architect it in my head first
[Image: avatar_2.jpg?dateline=1440800866] [23:32] Haides : it'll take a couple of hours to do it properly
[Image: avatar_2840.png?dateline=1468338009] [23:31] sicut : Btw, what do u think about the daily widget? Is that doable? Would you want to make that and do u have the time for that?

Here is, what we already brainstormed:
(07-29-2016, 12:23 PM)sicut Wrote: Ya, if you got some spare time, additional color themes might appeal to some users.

But reading through all the ideas, I think that daily mutant widget would be great...

Handling
An easy to handle tool like the trading widget.
Everybody should be able to use it. So not the same persons have to log in every 2h to post the current mutant.
Im not sure how to govern wrong mutants though...maybe like the wiki to just show the last chosen mutant and assume the previous one was wrong.

Presentation
A prominent place to show all 2x4 mutants + Gxp would be great + the estimated price range for each card.
Plus an expand button for the estimated price range and bonus information from Epoli et al.
If price and additional info get their own fields, a price development graph would be possible, too.

Since the forum software already supports different time zones, it would be even more awesome, if it optionally could expand to some kind of daily calendar showing the exact time slots for eacht mutant. I did that too wich Google Calendar, too.

Additional information
Im just not sure how to easily add and more importantnly easily maintain the prices and strategy information from the thread, yet.
Maybe by giving access to a small selective group to the "db" sheet. Then by choosing the current mutant (from the Handling part), the script already "knows"/pulls the according information from the sheet. For the prices it would be better to have the possibilty to calculate an average/mean and update that display form time to time. Like maybe add a column in the sheet for everybody of the selective editors group, where they can input their own experienced prices each.
edit: Actually, lets build on the community thought. Additionally to the proposed price field(s).  Can you just make an array (well, unlimited columns in the shee, I guess) and let everybody put in the prices they sold the mutant for? It kind of is important to differentiate between prices seen and prices they actually sold for, since the former can be totally out of proportion. So we could have some kind of real world feedback for the prices and some nice development information.

Discussion, feedback and community
Then just link to the old or a new daily thread for discussion and feedback. Or to pick up MolangHero's idea, just add text field below the widget and automatically post that to the thread.

about how to filter out wrongly posted mutants:
(07-29-2016, 02:01 PM)Epoli Wrote: Wrong mutants could be choosen this way:
- Every card has a counter, when you vote for a card as the Daily/Draft #X you increase the counter for that card;
- If the counter isn't the greatest among all other mutants then leave the previous card there;
- else follow the policy last-in-first-out and so, even if there are other mutants with the counter of the same value, you show the last one voted
I don't know how the data is structured but memory usage shoudn't be a problem if you can use a priority queue (that has only the voted cards, so with counter > 0) in order to manage those cards with their counters.

Ideas? Smile

IMHO, the main advantage of having a widget is to allow forum members to contribute information in bite sizes. (Often, my main hesitation in posting in the daily mutant thread is the knowledge that I won't be able to complete all 9 entries in a timely fashion.)

Here's what I envision a UI can look like to reduce user friction and promote contributions:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

my shop! : MKTC 
[ MarKeT Curated for staples... and now useful mutants as well! ]

And if every card, instead of having a thread discussion as usual, is going to have a dedicated page? Like Nexon's card database, but with user provided information.
- Card image, name and flavour text can be taken by Nexon
- Other infos are just text fields to be compiled

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

hmmm will wait for a few more posts before starting some kind of work

Ok, what else do you need?
There won't be many/any new posts coming, I fear Sad

Just feel free to ask Smile

i think one of the problem is ppl will not bother to validate, they wont do anything unless it's wrong - will that be an issue in this system?

If the voted mutant as a counter = 1 or = 12 it doesn't matter if it's the right one: if it's wrong it will be corrected through vote otherwise will be still there
You can always add an option (for admins and/or mods) to increase the counter to a selected value

Same as with the trading widget update...just my thoughts so far on the tool.
It uses the same DB as the trading tool.

Here the portal page widget (as small as possible):

Code:
Small widget in the portal:
- (dropdown menu for each choice)
- Daily #N: XXXXXX
    - X/Y drop chance
    - price (median?)
    - rep post (-> some reputation system -> additional motivation)
    - report post (report wrong posts -> only mods then? warning lvl?)
- Draft #N: XXXXXX
    - X/Y drop chance
    - price
    - rep post
- Countdown to next set
- Click here see all mutants of the day / history
I already tried a non functional mockup and replaced the search function on the portal page with it for a while to get some feedback. If you want to see how it looks, I can take a screenshot.

the full page/history after clicking on the last point/link in the small widget:
Code:
Big extra page:
- editable whole day (mods only?)
- history function (browse through days, maybe some graphs)
- filter/search
- date
    list:
    - Daily #1:
        Drop Chance:
        Price (median?)
        rep
    - Draft #1:
        Drop Chance:
        Price (median?)
        rep
    - Daily #2:
        Drop Chance:
        Price (median?)
        rep
    - Draft #2:    
        Drop Chance:
        Price (median?)
        rep
    - Daily #3:
        Drop Chance:
        Price (median?)
        rep
    - Draft #3:
        Drop Chance:
        Price (median?)
        rep
    - Daily #4:
        Drop Chance:
        Price (median?)
        rep
    - Draft #4:
        Drop Chance:
        Price (median?)
        rep

Thoughts/ideas/critique?

edit: Maybe some optional booster field might also be a good idea. Eg. for another 1/2 Jurgen booster or Alby gold boosters and the like.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Mutant Rotation ChaoIZ 2 1,046 11-07-2015, 02:22 AM
Last Post: Blanks