• Welcome to Mabinogi Duel Forum!
  • Check out our Wiki for even more game infos!
  • Check here for the status of our current projects
Hello There, Guest! Facebook Login Login Register

The Newbie Thread - post and ask whatever you like!
Welcome to the forum (if you are new Big Grin )!

Since Im getting more and more PMs with general beginner questions, lets try to focus that in one thread.

This Wiki section is dedicated to give some help for beginners.
But so far the feedback was non existent. That means that we dont really know what to put in there.

So if you didn't find any answers after reading the forum help and browsing through the wiki, just ask away here. Maybe we can find some new needed content for the wiki as well.

Hai everyone Big Grin , I'm new and I'm having a hard time deciding which booster pack to buy. I've bought a couple different ones but none have given anything good. So I have a couple questions:

A) I've heard collabs are really good, so should I wait for those? 

B) I've also heard that even though mutant festivals have rates up, it's still really risky for new players to buy them. Should I spend gems on the mutant festival?

C) Also I can't afford any cards from player shops. Any thoughts on how I can find player shops that don't sell really expensive cards? Or on how I can make enough gold to enter the player economy?

Thanks for any help  Big Grin

(12-15-2016, 10:38 PM)Vorspel Wrote: Hai everyone Big Grin , I'm new and I'm having a hard time deciding which booster pack to buy. I've bought a couple different ones but none have given anything good. So I have a couple questions:

A) I've heard collabs are really good, so should I wait for those? 

B) I've also heard that even though mutant festivals have rates up, it's still really risky for new players to buy them. Should I spend gems on the mutant festival?

C) Also I can't afford any cards from player shops. Any thoughts on how I can find player shops that don't sell really expensive cards? Or on how I can make enough gold to enter the player economy?

Thanks for any help  Big Grin

A) Collabs are certain cards that you can only get in certain limited period. Among 1 collab series normally there are several very good cards and if you lucky get them, their prices will increase a loooot several months after the collab event. But remember, you need wait a very very long time until your investment pay back.

B) If you are new and do not have too much cards, I would still suggest you draw a few super boosters. But do not use up all your gems, since there are good mutant cards in daily rotation. Keep an eye on Rsea's thread everyday to decide if you should draw or not.

C) The only way to get large amount of gold is sell expensive cards in your personal shop. And there are 2 ways to get expensive cards: 1. being a sniper at shop, flip cards; 2. draw boosters.

Some other tips:
1. always do the daily/draft mission, at least the last mission, it gives you 8 gems everyday and 2 chances of getting mutant cards

2. play arena to get gold / plat reward constantly, so you earn a lot of free gems every 2 or 3 days.

3. don't waste gems on super booster (once you already have certain amount of cards) or low chance boosters
=3

What aquCHAOS said.

add to A):
Good (!) collab cards usually sell for a lot more than other cards immediately since its commonly known that the supply is limited. If you want to flip those cards, it will take a [long] while like aquCHAOS said. A lot of users - especially whales - will buy hundreds of those boosters and will therefore have a huge stock.

Alternatively, some WNBp cards are nearly at simliar in value atm. Follow the daily mutant/plus thread to check for good drop  chances to get them.

This is also the reason why Super Boosters are relatively good again since WNBp was released. The drop rate for WNBp cards (even the super expensive WNBp mutants) are considerably raised by devcat obviously. As long as this stays true, Supers are valid alternative to pull some great stuff if you are feeling lucky.