• Welcome to Mabinogi Duel Forum!
  • New themes...yay!
  • Specifics and feedback here
Hello There, Guest! Login RegisterLogin with Google+ FB

Dismiss this notice
A lot of smaller email providers seem to be blocking our activation mails. We are looking into this.

Known blocking providers: gmx (Germany), web.de (Germany), hostineuro (Germany), netsons (Italy), openmailbox.org (France)

Please use a gmail email address or contact an admin or mod in our chat to ask for a manual acitivation.

Dismiss this notice
Devcat did the unbelievable and revamped the whole game by dropping most of the tedious arenas and adding a weekly/monthly ladder system.
But pls check the update notes yourself:
Intro from devs,
Patch Notes, Rewards update,
New Summer Event

Arena Viewer (Top 10 decks) feedback thread
Alright, I just uploaded the new arena viewer (portal page, above the search function on the left).

Tech babble
I disliked the old one pretty much, because it had like 10 frames for each arena AND was an external page, it didnt integrate very well into the forum.
That's why I went the CSS/modal route now to have it as an overlay. Now we can view decks while discussing them in chat or in the forum without switching tabs/pages.

The current one is not the final stage, since Id like to have a just a slider on the right side to open and close it. But I was already working on the SQL based one and @Kyoh wanted me to upload at least something usable for now. Done! Big Grin 

The next SQL based viewer will check every day if each arena actually has a new top 10 or if devcat changed the schedule once again. That was the problem with all bots (reddit) and our old one and the current as well - that they will simply not work then. But for the SQL viewer we need some more mySQL magic, on which @Haides  is hopefully working.

Feedback
For now we are collecting feedback what doesnt work and what to make even better Smile

Btw, Im not yet sure, if I did all the schedules right. It should update 10 minutes after every reset. Lets see if it works.

The event arenas are not included for now, since Im still not sure how to put in every new event every time without too much hassle (they are all named differently and have new links every time).
But feel free to comment with ideas.

To Do
  • someone needs to make nice thumbnails for each arena to replace the text arena names
  • Better open/close mechanism
  • check for and save every new arena in the  SQL db
  • get the decks, cards and players from the arenas and save them in the db (then the real fun will start with evaluating the course of each card, player and deck)
  • maybe add a possibility to open specific top 10s/decks via a link from chat/the forum for easier recommendations and stuff

Looking for rare/SE/AA/collab cards? -> my sales thread

If you want to support my work, send me some gems and/or leave some feedback Smile

This is amazing, thank you!

Cool and great. Just saw the function early today.
Not much feedback at the moment. Will update in here if I have any.
Keep up the good work.
Think most users will love this function.
Veteran Arena
7round/13 decks
2 plt (4/8 feb 2017) 6 gold 4 silver 1 bronze

8 feb 2017

just on the SQL stuff - it's actually turning into a bit more work than i expected, so slowly making progress here...

Does anyone have a nice idea for this area:

[Image: PrLhpXGl.jpg]

I could make it text only...but thats so...1999 Tongue

If you want to support my work, send me some gems and/or leave some feedback Smile

yeah, that would be great!

Oooooh...very sutble...now I get it Tongue
"Dont you know your fucking CSS, Mr. board admin?"
sneaky Tongue

But I got your drift and followed suit Wink

If anybody finds some nice pictures we could use, we can still put them up too ofc Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Bug New Trading Widget - Suggestion, feedback & discussion thread (Phase: Brainstorming) sicut 34 7,089 02-01-2017, 06:35 PM
Last Post: sicut
Lightbulb Chat/Shoutbox - Suggestion, feedback & discussion thread InfiniteEvil 16 3,164 01-06-2017, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Khang
  Card database - Suggestion, feedback & discussion thread (Phase: Brainstorming) sicut 0 426 12-04-2016, 02:55 PM
  Pricing Widget - Suggestion, feedback & discussion thread (Phase: Brainstorming) sicut 0 392 11-29-2016, 11:27 AM