• Welcome to Mabinogi Duel Forum!
  • New themes...yay!
  • Specifics and feedback here
Hello There, Guest! Login RegisterLogin with Google+ FB

Dismiss this notice
A lot of smaller email providers seem to be blocking our activation mails. We are looking into this.

Known blocking providers: gmx (Germany), web.de (Germany), hostineuro (Germany), netsons (Italy), openmailbox.org (France)

Please use a gmail email address or contact an admin or mod in our chat to ask for a manual acitivation.

Dismiss this notice
Devcat did the unbelievable and revamped the whole game by dropping most of the tedious arenas and adding a weekly/monthly ladder system.
But pls check the update notes yourself:
Intro from devs,
Patch Notes, Rewards update,
New Summer Event

Why are you coming here, what are you looking for, what would you like to see?
Hey,

after some extensive background updates and more bling bling to make everything a little bit cuter, we would like to know, what content you are looking for.

As for me, I was looking for an active community that could help me with the basics in the beginning, but could also provide profound deeper inside knowledge.
Especially the last fact was missing from other communities imho.

But why am I asking all that?
Its pretty obvious, that we can't compete with giants like reddit or Facebook. And that shouldnt be the goal in the first place. So we need to find a purpose/niche that would fit nicely for a forum.
For example:
  • Line is doing the chat thing better
  • Facebook is doing the social thing better
  • reddit is doing the "I have a quick question better"
But all those mentioned dont or even cant offer a reliable and nice system to navigate gaming help resources.
Another important aspect is that the MD target audience is mostly consisting of very casual players who usually dont like to even post. That most of the users are on mobiles, doesnt make it any easier.

What are our shortcomings imho:

What I would like to see:

So what are your thoughts, ideas and wishes?
  • Why did you come here in the first place?
  • What were you looking for?
  • Did you find all the answers?
  • What was good, what was bad?
  • What would you like to see in the future?

Looking for rare/SE/AA/collab cards? -> my sales thread

If you want to support my work, send me some gems and/or leave some feedback Smile

(03-18-2017, 03:51 AM)sicut Wrote: So what are your thoughts, ideas and wishes?

Originally, I was directed here for trade possibilities. I was excited to discover Deck/Arena Strategy help as it opened my eyes to the wacky world of AI matches, and how to anticipate what would work for the AI to play for me (ghost decks).
I am all for the funny, interesting stuff about the game as I am hooked, as well as that deeper knowledge/strategy understanding @sicut mentioned.
Did I find all the answers? Sure, of what I've asked or been directed to within the site. I wish more people knew of the wealth of information here, and were able to make use of it. Maybe someone ( looks toward @DyingKestrel ) could make an ad to put on the Line chats/FB Groups so ppl realize this is available.
What was bad, lol, the wiki. Too scared to edit. Also, the inability to simply drop a pic in chat.
The good for me is usually the chat, comraderie, ability to share decks and browse whatever I'm curious about. And, omg, the Card Discussion- how many cards are translated wrong!!!! I never would have known.
~Avatar by @DyingKestrel~

• Why did you come here in the first place? / What were you looking for?

(03-18-2017, 03:51 AM)sicut Wrote: So what are your thoughts, ideas and wishes?

I came here as a scrub for knowledge, to learn about trading, selling, battles, cards, etc. All that good stuff. For the most part everything I wanted to find was found, the good about these forums is that with more people, new and veteran alike, it could make them better than the Reddit community. The bad in my opinion is not anyone's fault, but I feel like there can be more people, a more populated forums is a better means of community. I'd like to see the tournaments revived again, and the wiki worked on. I'll help with the wiki too, as it's needed.
IGN: APerson
IGN2: Griefy
Shop Code: CFYHE

I came here simply for trades, interaction with other players and with @Griefy introducing me to this forum and I honestly don't regret it. I was merely looking for help with certain strats and decks to help improve my game and advice from fellow duelist in here and it was basically all found from different discussions that were posted. The good was everyone is friendly and willing to help you and I can't really say anything bad about it. I would just like to see tournaments be held and more improvements for the future.

(03-18-2017, 03:51 AM)sicut Wrote: For example:
  • Line is doing the chat thing better
  • Facebook is doing the social thing better
  • reddit is doing the "I have a quick question better"
But all those mentioned dont or even cant offer a reliable and nice system to navigate gaming help resources.
Another important aspect is that the MD target audience is mostly consisting of very casual players who usually dont like to even post. That most of the users are on mobiles, doesnt make it any easier.

What I would like to see:

So what are your thoughts, ideas and wishes?

I agree with all you've said.
It's interesting especially having been here since the inception and the work we tried to do in the beginning definitely was not ideal, or easy.  I do wish we could have more API's released to us from devcat that could help develop more tools. 

I would love to create a system for reflecting cards or deck templates, but the cost of some tools can be very real.

Why did you come here in the first place?

Originally came here to help develop a community for a game I found very compelling and fun. I wanted to help others learn more about the game, and help create some fun community events outside of pure, elite competitiveness.
What were you looking for?
A platform to share knowledge - specifically deck building, and a place to develop community events and ideas.
Did you find all the answers?
Yes (for the most part),  implementation has been rough and the greatest hurdle, especially when it was mainly Haides, power, and I trying to figure out how to easily share and try to help make a sustainable and flourishing community.
What was good, what was bad?
I am thankful we had a wiki site tied to the forum site, but I agree that the framework and editor for it is incredibly challenging and not user friendly. The good, has always been our core community and honestly I make for a terrible source for this questions since I am so heavily biased, being here from the start. From our card search, to the intial deck builder, to the forum league, the arena viewer, the card trader, the chat, and some of the things that never even got to see the light of day since they were still being worked upon or dropped. I am hopeful for what can be brought for the future though. c:
What would you like to see in the future?
I would definitely, definitely, like to see better working with the wiki - especially card discussion. This is a bigger issue though in general, as maintaining and developing a wiki is more work than necessarily meets the eye. I would love a better personal messaging system. If only there were more API shared to us from devcat, there would be so many possibilities then. A Deck builder would be wonderful,  a deck array where its easy to share, then rank and sort them. 
Better mobile formatting.

I'm down for the long haul though. c: