• Welcome to Mabinogi Duel Forum!
  • New themes...yay!
  • Specifics and feedback here
Hello There, Guest! Login RegisterLogin with Google+ FB

Dismiss this notice
A lot of smaller email providers seem to be blocking our activation mails. We are looking into this.

Known blocking providers: gmx (Germany), web.de (Germany), hostineuro (Germany), netsons (Italy), openmailbox.org (France)

Please use a gmail email address or contact an admin or mod in our chat to ask for a manual acitivation.

Dismiss this notice
Devcat did the unbelievable and revamped the whole game by dropping most of the tedious arenas and adding a weekly/monthly ladder system.
But pls check the update notes yourself:
Intro from devs,
Patch Notes, Rewards update,
New Summer Event

[PvE] AI Arena Decks
Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Let's share our decks and ideas about getting the AI to gain points for us in the Rookie and Veteran Arenas!

I got tired of having to spend stamina and time on Rookie Arena for minimal rewards, so I decided to see if I could make a deck that would reach bronze for me with only the minimal two games played on my part.  Basically, the idea is to fill it with creatures and a few spells that will usually trade well no matter how stupidly the AI plays.  So your typical Goblin Bomb Squads, Skeleton Knights are good candidates for these kinds of decks.  Something else to note is since the AI always goes second it can lead off with a 3 resource card at least most of the time, so having a good 1-2 resource lineup isn't really required.

My AI Deck First Edition: http://devcat.nexon.com/duel/deck/1dc97
I entered it just over halfway through the current Rookie Arena season, and it's already gotten 7 AI wins (+2 games I played) and I'm just below silver rank currently, for just 10 stamina spent.

I'm curious to see what other people think would be good, especially since the only readout of how good my deck is is how many wins it's getting.  I'm not really sure even how many games my ghost has played for me total!

Also, another facet of this deck is choosing a hero.  Right now I use a hero that's neutral for this deck, but does anyone think there's merit to using a different one?  Most can be played around by an intelligent person.

hahah thats a fantastic idea, i'll try to come up with my own version - but i agree that im never quite sure just what to use to kick start that idea..

Currently my deck has been registered for about 20 hours in Rookie Arena and I have 2 games played and 13 wins in Silver ranking.

generally if i go into rookie / vet i tend to carry at least 2 heavy creature cards - simply because once i have a level 5-10 ghost those will get deployed around turn 3... usually very easy to get a win out of

If you plan to be very active with high level ghosts large creatures are probably good, but if you don't then 3 cost is a pretty good number to aim at. It reduces the likelihood of the AI running out of playable cards and then doing the retard-o-revive that wins me many games in Veteran Arena I had no right to be winning.

[Edit] Just under 12 hours into the current Rookie season and my deck has 21 AI wins and I'm ranked high Gold. I had to take out Internal Conflict temporarily and replace it with Dragon Strike: West while I did PvP Arena for a little, but I've put it back now that I've (probably) secured Gold in PvP.

Thoughts on Throw Bomb? It seems like a waste if your opponent has single target damage or Petrify or something. I just kinda lack good board clear gold spells, as you can tell from my hot swapping described just above.

So how does this work? Do you actually get ladder points from having your AI win games? I thought it just gave you stamina. If that's the case then its definitely worth it to stop on a high ghost level isn't it?

(09-24-2015, 07:38 PM)Gabo Wrote: So how does this work? Do you actually get ladder points from having your AI win games? I thought it just gave you stamina. If that's the case then its definitely worth it to stop on a high ghost level isn't it?

You do indeed get ladder points when your ghost beats someone. You also get 10 gold and 10 stamina (though I think you might only get the stamina if you're in game at the time of the win.. can someone confirm?).

(09-24-2015, 02:09 PM)JenXIII Wrote: If you plan to be very active with high level ghosts large creatures are probably good, but if you don't then 3 cost is a pretty good number to aim at.  It reduces the likelihood of the AI running out of playable cards and then doing the retard-o-revive that wins me many games in Veteran Arena I had no right to be winning.

[Edit] Just under 12 hours into the current Rookie season and my deck has 21 AI wins and I'm ranked high Gold.  I had to take out Internal Conflict temporarily and replace it with Dragon Strike: West while I did PvP Arena for a little, but I've put it back now that I've (probably) secured Gold in PvP.

Thoughts on Throw Bomb?  It seems like a waste if your opponent has single target damage or Petrify or something.  I just kinda lack good board clear gold spells, as you can tell from my hot swapping described just above.

From where can I know how many AI wins my deck has?

you can only estimate - see if you have a good score-to-win ratio compared to those around your rank

Count the number of games you played and won, then subtract that from the number of wins it shows you on the Arena main menu.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Arena Top 10 decks (Links) sicut 15 6,868 03-09-2017, 12:59 AM
Last Post: sicut
  Pvp arena decks popitre 3 2,568 11-27-2015, 02:11 AM
Last Post: Haides